Mid-year review: My process + free workbook!
Can you believe it's July already? It doesn't seem five minutes since I was planning out my intentions at the beginning of 2016.
Today I'm going to share a sneak peek in to my mid-year review process. It's the exact process I have been using since I first started my own business, back in 2011. Also, be sure to scroll to the bottom to grab your free printable workbook!
So, why bother with a mid-year review?
One of the biggest mistakes I see entrepreneurs and small business owners make, is to set goals at the beginning of the year but not track progress.
Truthfully, the world of online business changes quickly so it's important to review your goals and realign.
For me a mid-year review is a way of checking in with myself to see if I'm on track for achieving my annual goals. It's also an opportunity to review what's worked well and can be replicated for greater success, and to review any goals that may no longer be relevant.
My process has remained the same each year and I'm going to guide you step-by-step. You can find additional questions and resources in the free workbook so be sure to download it.
Step One : Set the Scene
Decide how much time you want to set aside. There is no right or wrong here so go with what feels good. For me, an hour is usually sufficient but I have worked with clients who take themselves off to a hotel and conduct a mid-year review/retreat!
Whatever you choose, make sure you won't be disturbed and get comfy. Pour a hot drink (or glass of wine!), light a candle, meditate, play music you love... create a ritual of it.
Step two: Reflect on your life vision for 2016 and the progress you have made so far
I start by focusing on my personal life (health, relationships, personal growth, creativity etc).
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What am I grateful for right now?
- What has been the highlight of my year so far?
- What have I achieved in relation to my health/relationships/personal growth/ creativity?
- What goals am I still working towards?
- What do I need to let go of? What no longer feels aligned?
- How do I want to feel in the next 6 months?
- What non-serving habits or behaviours do I want to change?
- What is my top priority for the next 6 months?
- What new intentions do I want to set for each area of my life?
Step three: Reflect on your business vision for 2016 and the progress you have made so far
To help you with this step, I am sharing my mid-year review business workbook. I first shared it in 2015 and it walks you step-by-step through the exact process I took my business through this morning.
To download it, scroll to the bottom of the post and hit the button!
Bonus step -- Make your new intentions part of your daily routine
One thing I started doing this year that has really worked well, is to make reviewing my intentions a part of my daily routine. Every morning, right after my meditation and journalling, I write out my goals. It might sound crazy but it helps me to stay aligned to my ideal life vision and keep motivated.
Here's a peek at some of my intentions for the 2nd half of 2016:
- Book out my coaching practice for the rest of the year (if you are interested in coaching email me at gemma[at]gemmasands.co.uk - I only have 4 spots available for the whole of 2016)
- Launch my new monthly membership community by the end of July (eek - so excited about this!!!)
- Show up daily and serve my Facebook group community
- Create consistent monthly income and contribute financially to my family (I have a specific revenue goal I want to hit)
- Focus on keeping 80% of my diet 'clean'
- Run 5k by the end of the year
- Organise, decorate and simplify our master bedroom
- Meditate every single day
- Plan 4 fun dates with my lovely man
As promised, if you want to grab a copy of the workbook (which will guide you in greater depth) just hit the button below!
Here's to a successful and prosperous second half of the year!