Recipe: Peppermint Bliss Balls
Since I’ve switched up my diet to have more of a focus on clean eating, I have been on the lookout for the perfect grab-and-go snack. I’ve tried various different recipes for bliss balls and granola bars but they often include a lot of dried fruits, something I’m trying to avoid as I’m conscious of my sugar consumption.
Today I’m excited to share a recipe I’ve put together which I think makes the perfect no-bake energy bites. Follow along with the video or view the full recipe below.
**Edit - Add in 4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil for a gorgeous minty chocolate taste (divine!). Not all essential oils are created equal and many contain fillers or synthetics that are not suitable for internal use. I recommend doTerra oils for their purity and quality.
1. Gather all your ingredients
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you have a dough (edit - for a minty or fruity taste add 4 drops of Peppermint or Wild Orange essential oils)
3. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a plate. You could also roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
4. Place the energy bites in the fridge for 30 minutes
* 1 cup of oats
* 1/2 cup of nut butter
* 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
* 2 tbsp. flaxseed
* 1 tbsp. chia seeds
* 1/4 cup of coconut syrup (or your favourite natural sweetener)
* 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
* A pinch of salt