The first steps towards your essential oils lifestyle
One of the questions I get asked the most is... "where do I start with essential oils?". So, today I'm going to share my guide to beginning your essential oil lifestyle.
Why use essential oils?
We are living in an age where more people are waking up to holistic wellness. We are more conscious than ever about what we are putting on and in our body. I believe wholeheartedly in the importance of taking charge of our own wellbeing, and making empowered choices about our lifestyle and the products we use to support us.
We know that to feel healthy we need to eat well, move our bodies and get plenty of sleep, but true wellness is much deeper. If we want to create whole wellness we must also manage our stress levels and emotions, support our spiritual growth and minimise the toxins our bodies come into contact with. Essential oils are a powerful tool for managing our WHOLE wellness.
WITH ESSENTIAL OILS YOU CAN:
- Support nutrition and balance digestion
- Promote restful sleep
- Replace cleaning products with natural options
- Protect and nurture the skin
- Repel insects and soothe bites and stings
- Support the body's natural healing mechanisms
- Inhale the beautiful scents to lift your mood, boost concentration and relieve stress
- Diffuse your oils to create a soothing environment + support your spiritual practice
- Whip up yummy natural recipes
- and much, much more
How to get started with essential oils:
1. Assess what needs to change
The first step is to look at your whole wellness and work out where you want to focus your energy.
Action: For each of the following areas consider how satisfied you are and rate them on a scale of 1-10 (10 = fully agree 1 = strongly disagree)
- I drink enough water everyday
- I eat a balanced diet
- I avoid harmful chemicals/toxic products
- I have restful sleep
- My hormones are balanced
- I feel happy and calm most of the time
- I am full of energy & and vitality
- I manage stress well
Once you have rated each statement, write down the top 3 areas you want to focus on. Keep them in mind as you move onto step 2.
2. Create your personalised wellness plan
Now that you have an idea of the areas you want to focus on, it's time to create an action plan.
Think about the following:
- What behaviours need to change that are no longer serving you?
- What stories are you telling yourself in connection with your wellness that may not be true for you? E.g - "Being stressed is just who I am"
- What one small thing could you do or change right now that would bring you into alignment with whole wellness?
- What resources do you already have available to support you?
3. Get armed with the right tools
Ok, so let's bring it back to essential oils and how they can support you. Whatever area you want to focus on there are oils or natural products to support you.
I usually recommend getting started with either the home essentials or family essentials kit. Both contain the top 10 oils but the home essentials kit has larger bottles (15ml rather than 5ml) and a diffuser.
The reason I recommend these kits is that they cover a whole range of health concerns...
Peppermint: Energising, settles upset tummy.
Lemon: Detoxifying, purifies air, use for toxin free cleaning.
Lavender: Calming to the nervous system, soothes irritated skin, promotes restful sleep.
Oregano: Nature’s antibiotic!
Tea Tree: Great for bites and stings, and skin blemishes.
Frankincense: Fights inflammation, incredibly beautifying and anti-ageing for the skin, promotes cellular regeneration.
Breathe: Respiratory blend, clears airways, promotes easy breathing.
Deep Blue: Soothing blend. Apply topically for muscle and joint pain, headaches and tension.
OnGuard: Protective blend – wards off bacteria, protects the immune system and loads the body with antioxidants.
DigestZen: Digestive blend – promotes healthy digestion, eases heartburn, bloatedness, cramping and nausea.
There are a number of other starter kits available which are more specialised. Watch the video below to find the perfect kit for you:
Once you have an idea of where you want to start, head here and scroll to the bottom of the page for how to order your kit.
4. Access support
Once you've ordered your oils and become a doTERRA member you have access to a whole heap of education and resources. As soon as you place your first order, I'll reach out with a welcome email with a link to a private resource library containing e-books, video training and printable resources to teach you how to use your oils.
We'll hop on the phone in the first couple of weeks to create a personalised 90 day wellness plan, with a daily protocol for using your oils and natural products.
You'll also be invited into our private community of oil lovers where you can connect, get inspired and have your questions answered.
If that isn't enough, you'll also have access to weekly online classes and study sessions and live Q&A's.
If you are ready to get started but want to chat about the best option for you, shoot me an email!